Home Sign-Up Games Forums Help NetNexus Messaging System 
Username  Password 
  General  |  Nations  |  Terran Legacy  |  WaR2: New Horizons  |  Lemonade Stand  
Start New Thread | Post a Reply
Subject: Finally found my calling. (Replies: 2   Views: 1004)
InuYasha said on: 04/23/16 10:11 pm
(2917 Days, 11 Hrs, 57 Min, 17 Sec ago)

It took me almost 30 years, but it happened.

I started working in a home with Mentally Retarded and Developmentally Disabled individuals. I was so anxious on my first day, but as soon as I saw the resident I was working with smile all my anxiety washed away. What I'm doing doesn't change the world, but it changes the world for every single person I work with. These people deserve to be happy and have a good life.

I've also started doing dog rescue, primarily with hospice care dogs. My time with them is usually short, but their lives are precious too and they deserve to live happy lives free from fear.

Every life matters no matter how small we perceive it to be. I've always wanted to protect life and help people. I think this is a way that I can do that. I regret not doing it sooner.

When you're alive in a dying world it's a mesmerizing thing.
(InuYasha has posted: 323 forum posts)
User ID: 3236 / Joined: 10/18/2002
IronSinew (Admin) said on: 04/24/16 11:00 am
(2916 Days, 23 Hrs, 7 Min, 44 Sec ago)

That's awesome, thanks for sharing your passion with us, and I wish you the best.

~Iron

ps, this number is actually negative ^

Show that you love me and the puppies won't die!
Paypal: admin@wworkshop.com

Nataku said on: 04/25/16 11:39 am
(2915 Days, 22 Hrs, 29 Min, 35 Sec ago)

Good to hear you found a fulfilling career, I am going to be going into the helping field once I graduate this year. Either health care aid, or addictions counselling.

[Added at 08/02/2018 11:36:03 by Nataku]
I was with Santana Mecas in bhf where I wrote that. I'm with her at all possible moments nowadays. before bhf the program I was in I met her a few years earlier when she was sellin narcotics in some hood. I was one of the raggety custies. because of her I take care of myself in all ways now, or is it her taking care of me.

*BIOHΔZARD* Sanity taken, seething damnation, Khtulu awaken!

Excuse me while I bark pant sniff and yelp all over the place.

(Nataku has posted: 2920 forum posts)
User ID: 3602 / Joined: 10/29/2002
Start New Thread | Post a Reply
Reply To This Thread
To reply to this thread click here. Or you can start your own thread by visiting this page.
Search

Copyright © 2024 netnexus. All rights reserved.     Terms Of Use   Privacy Policy