Home Sign-Up Games Forums Help NetNexus Messaging System 
Username  Password 
  General  |  Nations  |  Terran Legacy  |  WaR2: New Horizons  |  Lemonade Stand  
Start New Thread | Post a Reply
Subject: Help on how not to lose armour/item (Dannyfo)(Replies: 5   Views: 1559)
Ruian said on: 02/13/16 7:03 pm
(2993 Days, 9 Hrs, 8 Min, 0 Sec ago)

Hi everyone,

There was a previous thread from Dannyfo(Mod) on how not to lose armour/item. I tried going the link he gave but it was not available anymore.

Can anyone help me on this? or give me tips on how not to lose armour/item.

Thank you very much in advance =)

(Ruian has posted: 3 forum posts)
User ID: 19285 / Joined: 4/3/2004
MrBlonde said on: 04/16/16 11:22 am
(2930 Days, 17 Hrs, 49 Min, 9 Sec ago)

Use "text only" sidebars. If you click to the very far right of Search, you will not accidentally click Sell, since it's a shorter word. With graphical sidebar buttons, the entire button is a link, so a misclick = bye bye armor.

I can't remember if this works for avoiding Pickup as well. It will depend on the font your browser picks for the text, but even if Pickup comes in slightly shorter, it's going to be by a pixel or two at most.

There are other solutions. One would be to use some sort of browser extension like Greasemonkey to remove the links for Sell and Pickup. I don't know how the staff would view this--not that anybody really checks up on this place it seems! I'm guessing Tom/Sean did not intentionally make armor selling/item replacement some sort of reflex test, so perhaps this is somewhere north of "gray area" but not quite "fair" haha:)

TheSource (Admin) TheSource@netnexus.com Exploiting a bug in war2 thatresults in the deletion of a user character.
(MrBlonde has posted: 10 forum posts)
User ID: 35205 / Joined: 8/23/2014
IronSinew (Admin) said on: 04/23/16 12:13 pm
(2923 Days, 16 Hrs, 58 Min, 41 Sec ago)

I wouldn't see that as an "advantage" in-game, but a better solution would probably be to implement a confirmation before it sells the armor/item :)

~Iron

ps, this number is actually negative ^

Show that you love me and the puppies won't die!
Paypal: admin@wworkshop.com

IronSinew (Admin) said on: 04/24/16 12:02 pm
(2922 Days, 17 Hrs, 9 Min, 16 Sec ago)

Which I've added a confirmation to the sell buttons. Testing / feedback is welcomed. I haven't done anything for the items yet. Maybe a preference could be added to turn off item discovery? Or auto-sell for credits? Thoughts?

~Iron

ps, this number is actually negative ^

Show that you love me and the puppies won't die!
Paypal: admin@wworkshop.com

Extra Functions: Edit Post
(IronSinew (Admin) has posted: 499 forum posts)
User ID: 8 / Joined: 6/3/2002
Fakesamaritan said on: 05/10/19 8:17 pm
(1811 Days, 8 Hrs, 54 Min, 8 Sec ago)

How about a feature to view the found items' description? Came across a Nuke Cola, and was faced with the touch choice of dropping my Microcellular Replicator.

Left the can of cola there though, please tell me I made the right decision :)

(Fakesamaritan has posted: 8 forum posts)
User ID: 35380 / Joined: 5/9/2019
Gohan said on: 05/21/19 7:55 pm
(1800 Days, 9 Hrs, 16 Min, 42 Sec ago)

I thought about that myself before I got a microcellular. I forgot what items did what so sometimes I didn't want to ditch something I had because I didn't know how good the others I find were. I mean, you can see a description when you have the item on hand, but that's about it.

(Gohan has posted: 42 forum posts)
User ID: 10280 / Joined: 4/25/2003
Start New Thread | Post a Reply
Reply To This Thread
To reply to this thread click here. Or you can start your own thread by visiting this page.
Search

Copyright © 2024 netnexus. All rights reserved.     Terms Of Use   Privacy Policy